- Face Reading
- Spiritual Healthcare
- ACMI Press
- We Are Not Meant To Die
The Open Door
Intention:To Prepare for Yom Kippur (Jewish Day of Repentance)
During the Season of Repentance the Gates of Heaven open wide for our prayers. We do an examination of conscience – confessing our errors, asking forgiveness of others, as well as forgiving others who have brought pain to us. We repent – making a turn back to spirit, truth, and the path of Life.
Here is a Yom Kippur Imagery Exercise from Colette Aboulker-Muscat, abridged; the full exercise can be found in Simcha H. Benyosef’s Empowered to Heal: Therapeutic Visualizations Drawn for the Lunar Months.
THE OPEN DOOR
- Close your eyes and breathe out three long slow exhalations.
- Imagine the two hands of God removing from you envy, rivalry, and hatred.
- Breathe out one time and imagine the two hands of God opening for you the doors of prayer, law and tranquility. Let the doors close.
- Breathe out one time and imagine the two hands of God opening for you the doors of good deeds, charity and compassion. Let the doors close.
- Breathe out one time and imagine the two hands of God opening for you the doors of repentance, forgiveness, and redemption.
- Sense and feel the exultation and the dance of joy coming from having passed through these three doors. Sense now the blessing of the light.
- Breathe out and open your eyes.