- Face Reading
- Spiritual Healthcare
- ACMI Press
- We Are Not Meant To Die
Healing Visualizations: Creating Health Through Imagery
In print for over 20 years, this remains the definitive guide for mental imagery to heal from physical and emotional ailments. Dr. Epstein provides over 75 imagery exercises for both everyday ailments and life threatening disease such as the common • bone fractures • arthritis • hypertension • headaches • hypertension • asthma • infertility • depression • PMS • anxiety • obesity. • Heart disease• cancer •and much more.
Also included are visualizations for overall wellness that you can personalize to fit your own daily health and fitness needs. Most importantly, Dr. Epstein teaches you the keys to creating effective imagery for yourself - allowing you to become your own healer. Developed over fifteen years of clinical practice, Dr. Epstein’s safe, potent techniques for tapping the mind's healing energy enable us to influence our own health with fast and positive results. Each exercise takes just one to three minutes and can be done anywhere. This revolutionary and inspiring program is a major contribution to understanding, restoring, and maintaining the healthful unity of body and mind. Bantam Books (1989) Soft cover.
"An exciting, definitive book. Epstein has formulated an immensely useful catalog of visualizations. One can imagine a time in the not-too-distant future when such a book stands next to standard medical reference books in every household. A real contribution to the healing arts." --Marilyn Ferguson, author of The Aquarian Conspiracy
"Dr. Gerald Epstein has rediscovered a time-honored truth--mental images can heal, just like medications or the surgeon's scalpel. Healing Visualizations shows us how. Here is a simple, free, and effective therapy that can change your life." --Larry Dossey, M.D., author of Space, Time and Medicine and Recovering the Soul
"This important book exploring an ancient yet revolutionary means for self-healing offers the user an invaluable compendium of visualization practices for almost any occasion... Dr. Epstein's work in this area is ground breaking." --Joan Halifax, Ph.D., author, anthropologist, and president of The Ojai Foundation
"Dr. Epstein draws on his own clinical experience...to urge an active role in our own health and healing through the use of mental imagery and visualization. This book is filled with helpful information, easy-to-do imagery exercises, and inspiring case studies." --Eileen Rockefeller Growald, founder, Advancement of Health
- I picked up this book recently at the bookstore. I must say that this is the best book written on using visualizations to heal yourself and can be used to heal others. The text is well written with drawings to make everything clear. The author gives exercises one can use to rid oneself of disease and maintain health. There are testimonials and documented cases of using visualization to cure illness and maintain health. I highly recommend this book.
- I am so glad to have found this book. I have used it many times for myself and others. Simple to read, easy to understand and yet comprehensive. Many of the imagery exercises are indexed much like a cookbook, so it is easy to look up what you need quickly. The book is also a great guide for those who want to create original exercises.
- I have read many books on imagery and find this one to be superior.
- What I liked about this book is the very specific healing imagery given for many many different physical and mental ailments. The author also says that nothing is srt in stone, and if something comes from inside you to do, go with it. Reading so many ready made images gives the reader ideas and/or spcific exercises. I am so glad to have this book!
- This book was purchased to be given as a gift. The person who received the gift after reading the book told me enthusiastically that this is a great book. This person also told me that healing visualization techniques are well explained in this book and that they work.
- This book is superb. Quick. Easy. Clear. Gerald Epstein succinctly explains the technique and then devotes the rest of the book to scripts for guided images for a multitude of conditions. The scripts he gives are brief - like 30 seconds to do - visual, and effective. We personally have used it for colon cancer surgery, and for glaucoma. With the surgery, the patient had no pain at all and an unusually speedy recovery. With glaucoma, mine,I was delighted to first be taken off medication and then to have my diagnosis downgraded from Glaucoma to Suspect Glaucoma. I won't be surprised if at my next visit the doctor will tell me I am completely clear. I loaned the book to a friend who reported similar improvement in her client's eyes. So it can be done!
- Just what I wanted. Lots of information, and a pleasure to read. I haven't read very far yet, but so far am very pleased that I ordered this book.
- Well written and very useful. The book includes a lot of situations together with the imagery solutions that is typical in our everyday life like lack of energy, insomnia, panic attacks, etc. Anyone can easily follow the steps of visual imagery. I just wish the author included more drawings/illustrations to make the reading process more enjoyable. Either way, it's still a very good book.
- Good for people who have serious health issues , especiallly anxiety induced illnesses. .Think its a worthwhile experience and guide. for anybody
- I had this book years ago and loaned it to a friend and it never found it's way home. I love this book! The visualizations are easy to understand and to do and they have helped me in many ways.
- Good good. I have several books on this topic, and I find this one to be quite helpful. I teach students with various illnesses and visual imagery is quite helpful.